Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dining In: Better-Than-Crack Brownies

During my photography weekend I came across some pictures that documented a cooking expedition I had with a recipe from HowSweetEats found on the Tasty Kitchen. Yes, you read the name right: Better-Than-Crack Brownies.

They are pretty simple. You start with a box of brownies.

Mix them according to the directions on the box. Grease a 13x9 pan and bake for about 20-25mins. While the brownies are baking chop up miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (my favorite candy!) into fours. You'll need about 1-2 cups.
While the brownies are baking, go ahead and sneak a few. When the brownies are finished, sprinkle the chopped Reese's cups and 1/2 cup of salted peanuts on top. Then the pan goes back in the oven for about 5-6 mins.
While that's melting, melt 4 tbsps of butter in a small sauce pan. Then add 1-1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter.
Ones that mixture is nice and smooth, throw in ~4 cups of milk chocolate chips. (I used 2, 11.5 oz bags, don't get me started on why they can't just make one bag two cups!)
Once the chocolaty, peanut buttery mixture is smooth you then add my favorite part, 2 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal.
Mix that all together. Remove the brownies form the oven and pour the mixture over the top. It should look something like this:
Then refrigerate for minimum 2 hours, overnight works too, before serving. Then observe and enjoy the beautiful layers of these decadent brownies. Warning: These are good for your soul, not your waistline.


I'm in heaven,









Ingredients
1 box of brownies (18.25 oz) + Ingredients
1/2 cup salted peanuts
1-2 cups chopped miniature Reese's peanut butter cups
4 cups milk chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
4 tbsps butter
1-1/2 cups Rice Krispie Cereal


Instructions
Mix brownies according to directions, bake 20-25 minutes in greased 13x9 pan
Top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, bake additional 4-6 minutes
Melt butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter in small sauce pan. Stir in cereal. 
Pour chocolate mixture over brownies.
Let cool and refrigerate minmum 2 hours before serving.



3 comments:

Uncle Tractor said...

Yum! I need to exercise just looking at the pictures!

Unknown said...

I posted this one to my blog and became a loyal follower!
check me out as well- we have some things in common!

Simplifying in the South said...

Thanks folks! I'm so glad you liked it!

Post a Comment