Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Christmas in October

A facebook status I ran across today announced only 66 more shopping days left until Christmas!



And it made me think of a recent conversation I had with my better half.  Since it's just the two of us we like to do Christmas up BIG for our families (siblings, nieces, nephews, etc).  A Status Quo kind of deck the halls.  However, this year we are trying to save every penny and make some financially sound decisions so we can dramatically alter our lives in the new year (more on this later).  Distraught with what to do (gift-giving is how I like to show love to people) I came across this amazing post by Tammy Strobel over at RowdyKittens: social change through simple living.  (She is one of my inspirations for the whole simple living pursuit).  She gives great perspective into what Christmas really is all about and how you can apply Christmas this year to your newly simplified life.

It's kind of got me brainstorming about how I am going to enjoy the holiday season this year.  I emphasize enjoy because usually my saying is "how I am going to survive the holiday season".  Bring on the egg nog and fruitcake! 

Simplifying Santa,

No comments:

Post a Comment