Sunday, November 21, 2010

Holiday Excess

I've been up to my ears in grant writing this week.  I managed to find a lunch break this weekend and spent some time catching up on current new stories over at NPR.  I just wanted to share two amazing articles I found:



"American Excess: Imagine Thanksgiving Without It" This article is a must read. It's amazing to think about how much excess occurs for one holiday. Talk about challenging.

Once you work through the guilt from the first article head on over and read "One Man's Yearly Thanksgiving Dinner for Strangers".  Scott Macaulay is a true inspiration and great reminder about what the holidays should be about.  Maybe you could invite a stranger to your holiday table this year?

Passing over the turducken this holiday,

No comments:

Post a Comment