Sunday, October 31, 2010

Round 2: 100 Things

These boxes have been living in our bedroom for an entire week.  Before my better half kicked me to the guest bedroom I decided I better get moving on this 100 thing challenge.



I started this challenge by listing 10 items I use everyday.  It went pretty smoothly, but I kept putting off continuing because I knew the next section would be daunting.  And boy was I right.  I struggled with it more than I care to admit.  And I'm embarrassed to admit there were clothes in my closet with the tags still on them.

I worked on my closet and dresser for two grueling hours......then I looked up and heard angels singing:
The heavenly view of my closet
For the first time in my adult life all of my clothing items fit into one closet.  No boxes, no attic storage, no plastic tubs anywhere.  I could not believe it.  I had actually managed to fit both winter and summer clothes into one place, and have extra room!  I was ecstatic, and exhausted. 

So I am proud (a little) to present the continuation of my 100 things list.  I tried to stay close to my 5 item limit per category as physically possible, with only a few items sneaking up on me.  (An example: shoes--sorry it's an addiction, but just for the record I did get rid of some :)
I'm thinking today, "Wow maybe I can do this...."

11. undergarments
12. jeans
13. pajamas
14. shorts
15. capris
16. swimsuits
17. shoes
18. dresses
19. business jackets
20. skirts
21. dress slacks
22. dress shirts
23. t-shirts
24. comfy pants
25. sweatshirts
26. sweaters
27. work shirts
28. belts
29. scarves
30. coats
31. winter wear (e.g. gloves, toboggans)

Next stop, the office....

2 comments:

Allison said...

This is awesome! Considering that I, one person, am currently taking up two closets, a dresser, and a chest with my clothes, I'm seriously inspired. Have you taken anything to consignment stores? I've been taking some of my nicer extra clothes and accessories to consignment, and have been making some pretty decent extra pocket money in sales.

Simplifying in the South said...

Thanks. You should definitely try it. It really is liberating. I like your idea of taking stuff to consignment stores. I am going to have to try that!

Post a Comment